Local congregations will gather for special services to celebrate Holy Week.
Churches with the Powell Ministerial Association will gather for a Good Friday service at noon at the Union Presbyterian Church. The community sunrise service on Easter Sunday will be at 6:30 a.m. at Grace Point.
The following local churches reported service information to the Tribune:
• The Church of Christ will have an Easter sunrise service. The congregation will meet at the church at 5 a.m. Sunday, then leave at 5:10 a.m. to Polecat Bench north of Powell. A breakfast will follow at the church building. The church also will have an Easter egg hunt after the 10:30 a.m. service.
• The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will have its Easter Sunday sacrament meetings at the following times: Powell 1st Ward (1026 Ave. E) at 10:30 a.m.; Powell 2nd Ward (527 W. Seventh St.) at 9 a.m.; Powell 3rd Ward (1026 Ave. E) at 9 a.m.; and Powell 4th Ward (527 W. Seventh St.) at 10:30 a.m. The Young Single Adult Ward’s sacrament service is at noon.
• Cornerstone’s Easter Sunday service will be at its normal service time and location — 9 a.m. at Northwest College’s Fagerberg Building Room 70.
• Faith Community Church will host a Maundy Thursday fellowship meal (provided) at 6 p.m. followed by communion service. On Easter Sunday, the church’s SonRise Celebrate the Resurrection service begins at 6:15 a.m by the fire-pit (weather permitting, if not they will move inside). The service will be followed by breakfast (provided) from 7-8 a.m. Worship and the Word then follows at 10:45 a.m.
• Garland Community Church of God will host a Seder service on Maundy Thursday at 6 p.m. The church will have an Easter breakfast at 9 a.m., and the regular worship service follows at 10:30 a.m.
• Glad Tidings will have a free Easter breakfast from 9:30-10:30 a.m. Sunday and an Easter service at 10:45 a.m.
• Grace Point’s Good Friday service will begin at 6 p.m. On Easter Sunday, the church will host the community sunrise service at 6:30 a.m. A potluck breakfast follows at 9 a.m. The church’s Easter Sunday service will begin at 10:30 a.m.
• Harvest Community Church of the Nazarene is hosting a Good Friday service at 6 p.m. with a “service of shadows” meant to walk you through the series of events that took place on Good Friday; a light meal will be provided. On Easter Sunday, the church will have a sunrise Easter breakfast at 9 a.m. The Easter celebration service begins at 11 a.m., with a children’s Easter egg hunt to follow immediately after service.
• First Southern Baptist Church will celebrate the Lord’s Supper on Thursday at 7 p.m. On Easter Sunday, the musical “Amen!” will be presented at 10:45 a.m.
• First United Methodist Church will combine with the Methodist congregation in Lovell for a Maundy Thursday service at the United Methodist Church in Lovell, which will include a soup supper at 6 p.m. and a Communion Worship Service at 7 p.m. On Easter Sunday, the Powell congregation will gather for its worship service at 9:30 a.m.
• Hope Lutheran will have a Maundy Thursday and Good Friday Service, both at 7 p.m. The church’s Easter Sunday service will begin at 9:30 a.m.
• Immanuel Lutheran Church’s Holy Week schedule includes a Maundy Thursday service and Good Friday service, both at 7 p.m. On Easter Sunday, the church will have an early service at 7 a.m., with a breakfast following. The worship service on Easter Sunday begins at 9 a.m.
• Living Hope Community Church will have an Easter service at 10 a.m. Sunday with special music and communion.
• New Life will host a special family event “Walk With Jesus” at 6 p.m. Wednesday. On Thursday, from noon to 1 p.m., Dr. Dean Bartholomew will present a teaching on the physical suffering of Jesus. The church’s Good Friday service and communion will be at 6 p.m. Easter Sunday worship services are at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m.
• St. Barbara’s Catholic Church’s Holy Week celebration begins with Mass on Holy Thursday, The Lord’s Supper at 6 p.m. Good Friday Liturgy begins at noon, followed by Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. On Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil Mass will be at 8 p.m. On Easter Sunday, the church will have Mass at 7 a.m., 9 a.m. and noon (Latin Mass).
• St. John’s Episcopal Church’s Maundy Thursday service will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will include a simple meal and communion. A vigil begins right after the service, and continues through the night until Friday morning. The church will gather at noon on Good Friday, and then at 11:30 a.m. on Holy Saturday. On Easter Sunday, the church will celebrate the Day of Resurrection at 10:30 a.m.
• Trinity Bible Church will provide a complementary Easter breakfast at 9 a.m. Sunday, followed by a celebration of the resurrection of Jesus at 10:30 a.m.
• Union Presbyterian Church’s Maundy Thursday service begins at 7 p.m. The church will then host the community Good Friday service at noon Friday. On Sunday, the church’s Easter brunch is at 9 a.m. On Easter, the church will have its normal service time of 10:30 a.m.