This page explains the various types of advertising available through the Powell Tribune and the Tribune Plus as well as deadlines and rates. If you have questions not answered below please contact the Tribune's General Manager and Advertising Director Toby Bonner at (307) 754-2221 or email@example.com.
The Powell Tribune is a paid circulation broadsheet newspaper published on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The Tribune PLUS is a broadsheet standard mail publication delivered to all non-subscriber households on Tuesdays. (Mail receipts are available upon request.) Combined these publications provide advertisers an excellent opportunity to reach the total market.
The Tribune's circulation is 4,110 and the Tribune PLUS circulates among an additional 4,332 readers. Together they provide total non-duplicating coverage of Powell, Ralston, Deaver, Frannie, Byron, Cowley, Burlington, Otto and Emblem.
The Publisher reserves the right to edit, reject or cancel any advertisement at any time. The Publisher will not be responsible for purely typographical errors or misprints beyond cancellation of the charges of the space of the item affected. Errors must be reported within 24 hours of publication. The Publisher assumes no responsibility for errors in any advertisement for more than the cost of the advertisement.
All local rates are non-commissionable. Advertising is payable at the time of purchase, unless the advertiser or his agency has credit with the Powell Tribune. Credit is available to qualified customers. All balances not paid by the last day of the month are subject to a delinquency charges of 1½ percent per month. Political advertising is accepted with payment in advance.
Rates are based on the number of column inches purchased per calendar month.
| Inches purchased
|| Cost per column inch
|200 or more||$11.75|
|Click here for additional pricing information.|
To run a color advertisement the Tribune charges an additional $100 per color, per page.
• State/National Rates: Wyoming Press Association published open rate of $14.95 per column inch.
• Deadline: The deadline for display advertising is noon on Friday for Tuesday editions, and noon on Tuesday for Thursday editions.
The Powell Tribune publishes a Business Directory in the Tuesday editions each week. The fee is $25 per week, for a total of $100 per month.
Classifieds are paid in advance, with a minimum charge of $2.00, covering up to 10 words, with additional words costing 25¢ each. Classified ads that are billed out are doubled.
The local display ad rate in the classified section is $12.00 per column inch. State/National classified display rate is $13.80 per column inch.
All classified ads run in both the Powell Tribune and Tribune PLUS, offering a circulation to over 8,000 people in the Powell trade area — covering Powell, Ralston, Deaver, Frannie, Byron, Cowley, Burlington, Otto and Emblem.
• Deadline: The deadline for classified ads is 10 a.m. on Monday for Tuesday editions, and 3 p.m. on Tuesday for Thursday editions.
With the Wyoming Classified Ad Network, advertisers can purchase a 25-word classified ad to be published once in 97% of Wyoming's newspapers (38 to 42 papers annually). The cost is $135, with additional words costing $5.00 each. Ads must be prepaid, submitted two weeks prior to publication, and are non-commissionable.
Legal rates are set by Wyoming statute at a local display rate. Legal advertising qualifies for the same earned discounts as display advertising, and is paid with insertion.
• Deadline: The deadline for publication of legal ads is 5 p.m. on Friday for Tuesday editions, and 5 p.m. on Tuesday for Thursday editions.
Local Tribune PLUS display rates are $3.00 per column inch. State/National rates are $3.45 per column inch. Ads placed in the Tribune PLUS — which is mailed on Tuesdays — must also run in at least one issue of the Powell Tribune during that same week.
• Deadline: The deadline for Tribune PLUS advertising is at noon on the preceding Thursday.
• 3,450 — Powell Tribune — $225 Local, $258.75 State/National
• 4,250 — Powell Tribune PLUS — $275 Local, $316.25 State/National
• 440 — Powell Tribune E-Edition — PDF upload for free
• Overall Page Size — 12.5" x 23"
• Published Page — 6 columns by 21 inches (11.5" x 21")
• Column Width — 10p6 picas (1¾")
• Column Depth — 126p0 picas (21")
• Columns per Page — 6 columns
• Weather Sponsor — $300/month | 115 x 90 pixels (1 position. 1 ad available per position. Run of site)
Impressions: 85,000 | CPM - $3.53 | CPC - $10.71 | CTR - .10%
• Standard Tile — $300/month | 300 x 250 pixels (5 positions. 3 ads available per position. Rotating run of site)
Impressions: 28,000 | CPM - $10.71 | CPC - $10.71 | CTR - .10%
• Leaderboard — $400/month | 728x90 pixels (3 positions. 3 ads available per position. Rotating run of site)
Impressions: 28,000 | CPM - $14.29 | CPC - $14.29 | CTR - .10%
• Skyscraper — $600/month | 300x600 pixels (1 position. 2 ads available per position. Rotating run of site)
Impressions: 42,500 | CPM - $14.12 | CPC - $14.12 | CTR - .10%
Animation is available for all online ads.
CPM - Cost-per-thousand impressions, CPC - Cost-per-click, CTR - Click-thru ratio
Interested in placing an ad with the Powell Tribune?
Our advertising team is ready to make sure you get the right ad for your needs, just contact:
• Toby Bonner | Advertising & General Manager
• Ashley Stratton Lauritzen | Advertising Consultant
• Or call us at (307) 754-2221