“We had an amazing meet,” said head coach Stephanie Warren. “I mean, almost every one of them swam even still yet their fastest time in one event if not both events.”
Hudson Wilkerson set a new diving record to claim the first place slot on the PHS Hall of Fame board in six dives — beating a record set in 1990 by Marty Lane — with a score of 266.40.
Wilkerson also swam a personal record time of 25.71 for an eighth place finish in the 50 freestyle.
Sophomore Gavin Asay posted personal bests in two events: the 500 freestyle, with a time of 6:05.69 for fifth place, and in the 100 butterfly, posting a time of 1:02.57 for fourth place.
Jay Cox, a sophomore, had best times in both the 100 freestyle, completing the event in 57.45 seconds for sixth place, and in the 100 breaststroke, swiming it in 1:13.08 for seventh.
Senior Kacey Creed swam best times in the 50 freestyle, with a time of 23.65 that tied him for first place, and in the 100 breaststroke, with a time of 1:04.93 for a second place finish — just 0.6 seconds off the first place time.
Senior Jared Fuller posted a personal best in the 100 backstroke with a time of 1:03.90, finishing fifth.
Freshman Matthew Hobbs also swam to a new best in the 200 IM, finishing in ninth in 2:32.49.
Sophomore Bryce Hogen similarly set a personal record in the 50 freestyle, taking ninth in 26.07. He also topped his previous record in diving with a score of 169.60.
Meanwhile, junior Joe Rogers swam personal bests in both the 100 freestyle (taking fifth in 57.20) and the 200 freestyle (finishing fourth in 2:07.63).
Sophomore Richard Spann swam a personal record in the 100 backstroke, winning the event in 58.27 seconds. Spann also swam a personal best in the 200 IM with a time of 2:16.11.
Trenton Wilson set personal bests in both the 500 freestyle — taking seventh in 6:12.26 and also qualifying for the Class 3A State Meet in the event.
All of the above personal best times were also state qualifying times. Those swimmers who also posted personal best times, but were not fast enough to make state cuts were Dallin Allred in the 50 free (posting a time of 33.32 for 33rd place), Ryan Galindo in both the 50 free (32nd place in 32.69 seconds) and 100 free (22nd in 1:14.88) and Michal Tomasik in the 100 breaststroke, who had a time of 1:22.81 for 14th place.
Tarren Blackmore, a freshman, swam the 100 backstroke for the first time.
For relays, the 200 medley team posted its personal best time of 1:50.98 which was good for second place. The team is comprised of Span, Creed, Fuller and Hudson Wilkerson.
Next up for the Panthers is a triangular in Worland on Tuesday at 5 p.m., and a triangular in Cody on Friday. On Saturday, the Panthers will compete in the Lander Invite at 10 a.m.
“We have two full weeks of craziness coming up here,” Warren said. “We are in the peak of the hardest parts of our training.”
The next week will also be busy, with three competitions.
“This little beat against Lander has just kind of put another little fire under them,” Warren said, adding that the team and coaches are both excited and encouraged about the season thus far.
“I’m expecting some pretty great things,” she said.
Results from the Worland Invite
200 Medley Relay
2. Richard Spann, Kacey Creed, Jared Fuller and Hudson Wilkerson, 1:50.98. 7. Ben Cannizzaro, Jay Cox, Gavin Asay and Bryce Hogen 2:04.60
200 Yard Freestyle
4. Joe Rogers, 2:07.63, 8. Jared Fuller 2:13.27, 9. Trenton Wilson, 2:16.84
200 Yard IM
2. Richard Spann 2:16.11, 8. Dillinger Wilkerson 2:28.68, 9. Matthew Hobbs 2:32.49
50 Yard Freestyle
1. Kacey Creed 23.65 (tie), 8. Hudson Wilkerson 25.71, 9. Bryce Hogen 26.07, 25. Tarren Blackmore 30.41, 32. Ryan Galindo 32.69, 33. Dallin Allred 33.31.
1. Hudson Wilkerson 266.40, 4. Bryce Hogen 169.60
100 Yard Butterfly
4. Gavin Asay, 1:02.57, 12. Ben Cannizarro 1:11.78,
100 Yard Freestyle
5. Joe Rogers 57.20, 6. Jay Cox 57.45, 10. Matthew Hobbs 1:02.11, 21. Dallin Allred 1:14.04, 22. Ryan Galindo 1:14.04, 25. Michal Tomasik 1:18.70.
500 Yard Freestyle
5. Gavin Asay 6:05.69, 7. Trenton Wilson 6:12.26, 10. Ben Cannizzaro 6:27.39
200 Yard Freestyle
3. Hudson Wilkerson, Joe Rogers, Kacey Creed and Dillinger Wilkerson, 1:41.69, 8. Matthew Hobbs, Bryce Hogen, Jay Cox and Trenton Wilson 1:48.67
100 Yard Backstroke
1. Richard Spann 58.27, 5. Jared Fuller 1:03.90, 16. Tarren Blackmore 1:28.05.
100 Yard Breaststroke
2. Kacey Creed 1:04.93, 4. Dillinger Wilkerson 1:11.98, 7. Jay Cox 1:13.08, 14. Michal Tomasik 1:22.81.
400 Yard Freestyle Relay
4. Jared Fuller, Dillinger Wilkerson, Richard Spann and Joe Rogers 3:51.32, 6. Trenton Wilson, Ben Cannizzaro, Gavin Asay and Matthew Hobbs 4:08.59.