An explosion felt more than a mile away and subsequent fire totally destroyed a home on Llama Drive late Sunday evening.
Officials said Monday morning that no one was in the house when the explosion occurred. Park County records say the property is owned by William and Jean Imsand.
The cause of the explosion was apparently a natural gas leak, but that has not been confirmed. One neighbor reported minor damage from the explosion, and was planning to have his home inspected.
Llama Drive is a short street off Riverside Drive about half a mile east of the Willwood highway approximately three miles south of Powell.
For more information, see Tuesday’s Tribune.