A wood stove malfunction is the suspected cause of a fire that gutted an unoccupied home behind the ADM plant in Garland Saturday night.
“We’re pretty certain he had a wood burning stove that was the culprit,” said Asst. Chief Damian Dicks of the Powell Volunteer Fire Department. The house was completely engulfed before the owners realized it.
Wyoming fell short of its 52 wolf quota in the trophy game zone by 10 when the season ended Dec. 31, 2012.
The limit was not reached, probably because wolves proved harder to hunt than many thought they would be, said Mark Bruscino, Wyoming Game and Fish Department statewide supervisor of the large carnivore management section in Cody.
Reduced hours to begin at some locations next year
Delivering sleigh-loads of packages over the holidays is akin to a Christmas bonus for the U.S. Postal Service, but small post offices around the Big Horn Basin and the state are getting their hours cut next year nonetheless.